Saturday, April 24, 2010

Rain, Rain, Don't Go Away, Come Again Another Day

RAIN.

How I love you so. It's like my love for good internet, cable tv, grocery stores, ATMs, and oh all the other things that we take for granted in life. And for the first time since I came to Burkina Faso way back on November 4th, I saw my first droplets of rain.

And boy oh boy did it rain: thunder, lightning, the whole works. And while my little doggie Bob was freaking out because for him it was the first rainstorm, I was crying-literally. I was so incredibly happy that rain came that I started crying; I was so overwhelmed. Of course that prompted Bob to freak out even more. Poor little guy, already scared by the huge storm, he now has to deal with his owner looking upset. Too bad that animals can't sense happiness from tears of joys like we do.

And then the rain stopped, and we went another few days with nothing. Except one day, where a fake storm of thunder and lightning came, with no rain. I was sitting in my typical "please rain on me clothes (standing outside in my boxers)" when my neighbor walks by and sees me. I'm pretty sure that he was wierded out, but not enough to come over and say good evening.

But then Thursday came, and it rained so hard again that the temperature in my house dropped 20 degrees, from a horrendous 105 + humidity to a very comfortable 85-no humidity.

So folks back home, please package up your rain in a hypothetical box and send it via Mother Nature Express to Tenkodogo, Burkina Faso.

I await your gifts wearing only the finest pair of "please rain on me clothes." Boxers.

2 comments:

  1. would those be the special k-mart boxers we bought in nyc? please - the rainy season is coming here and i am constantly covered in a thick coating of mud. take our rain!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AAAHHH I was so happy when it rained! Yay!

    ReplyDelete