Monday, December 7, 2009

I Have a Toilet....

Oh yes, that is no typo, j'ai une toilette. Or as I like to call it, the patron throne. Yes I only have a limited amount of time left on the comp to write this, but I just wanted to provide a quick update about nmy town. I live in a pretty well populated area with a bunch of Volunteers around me (40k or so) and 3 Japanese JICA Volunteers, or better said the Japanese Peace Corps. One of them speaks English very well and I meet her sometimes for a quick beer, which , unlike in Guinea, is a perfectly acceptable habit.

I live in an apartment by the school, which is massive and has running water and electricity (which I don't have to pay for). I am already helping in my computer lab and the English Club, but I don't start teaching until next month, which is fine by me. Tenkodogo, in short, is a pretty sweet place and I think I will like it here a lot:. Hell, I survived a week already, one night longer than Tormelin.

Oh and before I leave, Guinea is not doing well. Dadiss was shot and it looks as if civil war is approaching. Please continue to hold Guinea in your hearts.

No comments:

Post a Comment