Monday, December 14, 2009

Got My Ass A Bed, Because I Am Petron Like That

So Step 1 of the Dylan moving into apartment is complete, I am no longer sleeping on the floor. My bed, made by a local carpenter (carpentor, how does one spell that?), is actually quite awesome and petit-en-petit my house is coming togethor. Got a closet also, nice. Chairs and table are on the way as well, maybe my Christmas present?

In other news, December 11th was Independence Day. Independence Day consists of a nice march that unfortunately goes on for q bit too long for my tastes, but it was still a good time. It started with a military march, and then the school parade (with every school in the area). But by the end I was quite bored, and along with my friend we returned home. When all was said and done, we got a beer and then I took a nice nap.

Coolest thing about the parade: I got to sit in the King's section. Why, because I am petron like that. The King walked in with his own personal drum group (man I wish I had my own drum theme song when I walked in public). It wasn't the best rhythmic display I have ever seen, but it didn't matter, it was still an awesome display. I was in a whole array of photos that day, partially because I sat behind the King of the Mossi, and partially because I am petron like that.

Next day was quite the opposite. I was quite ill, stricken with what I like to call the I-Ate-Something-I-Will-Regret-Later syndrome. And oh yes, it was a very long Saturday indeed. But never fear, I am back to fine health.

Petron status: Recovered.

One more good story for the day before I chat a little bit about my situation. I totally and completely destroyed this guy's computer today. He thinks it's ok because around here I am known as the computer wizard (Which is a BIIIIIG mistake I must add). Little does he know that I'm totally freaking out because I have no idea how the hell I am going to fix this thing. But whatever, I'll figure it out, because I am petron like that.

Ok so a little more about Tenko. I am making friends very quickly, through basketball, school, and other methods. It's very easy to draw attention here, being the only white resident in a town of 30,000 will do that. My buddy, the school Censeur, speaks English quite well, and loves to drink a cold beer with me from time to time. There is nothing better than a cold beer in 100 degree heat. My other good friends are two older students at the school. They want to learn English more than anything so I negotiated a deal with them, one day English, one day French. One can actually rap in English, though he does not always understand what he is saying. The other is a total computer dork, and loves undoing all my work.

Between learning how to cook, fixing computers, learning French, and generally screwing around (or up), I manage to keep quite busy here.

Merry Christmas to all!

It has come to my attention that some folks don't know the meaning of Petron. Well in the dictionary it would look a little like this:

Petron: pé-trone n. Dylan, boss

And for those who do know me, I am totally not a petron. The only reason I got to sit behind the King was because I got there at 6:30 AM, at least two hours before the real petrons got there.

No comments:

Post a Comment