Sunday, July 5, 2009

One last night in the home that I love

Well this is it folks, I've had my sobbing moment, and it's a safe bet that there will be a couple more. My wonderful neighbor Sterling had his birthday tonight. For those who don't know Sterling, he is a great leader in my community (though he is far to humble to take credit). We had a sing along, and after Country Road, that was it. Had to leave and cry my freaking eyes out.

The moral of my story is simple, people are amazing creatures. We can cause infinite devastation unlike any other creature we have ever know, we can play an epic 5 set Wimbledon Final that goes 16-14, and we can unite in beautiful song that can touch even the hardest of hearts (looking at you Chris... I saw you holding hands). I'm certainly sad, but I'm also happy knowing that when I return, 48th Street will still be around.

To all my friends and family, thanks so much for being and continuing to be a part of my life. I'll see you all sooner than you think, and please, don't forget to write!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment